Sunday, January 27, 2013

Weather

I'm appreciative of all that local newspapers do. Really. But let's have a look at the above.

  1. Note that the total snow they call for is 3-5 inches. All day they forecast 1-3 inches. Total. All night. 
  2. The 1-3 forecast sat there all day. Even after the snow started - hard - at about 4pm. 
  3. It's 9:30. We already have 6 inches. 
  4. Also, see how on the part for Monday it says "New snow..." and you can't read it? Yeah. You can't read it. No, there's no scrolling down. No, you can't enlarge or click on it. It's just a tease. I like an enigma as much as the next girl, but when it comes to the weather I'm less interested in James Bond and more interested in Bill Nye the Science Guy. I want my info, and I want it straight up.  
Also, the current conditions? "Light Snow Mist" says the Tribune.

?????

It's been snowing either hard or steadily for more than 5 hours. I just shoveled a ton of heavy, wet snow off the driveway and sidewalks. But I'm not worried about the morning. Because we're only going to get 1-3 inches. I mean 3-5 inches. All night. Right?

No comments: