Monday, June 23, 2008

Baby Gymnasium

Iain has really taken to the baby "gymnasium" that John and Sarah passed on to us. He's especially taken with the purple elephant today. Yesterday, it was the giraffe.

Meanwhile, I tried to take these pictures in full daylight, in our sunroom. But, as you may already know (because I complain about it constantly), I cannot figure out how to turn off the flash and still get a photograph that's focused.



The one above looks like Iain is some kind of convict, caught playing illicitly. The one below is interesting, but only because it's out of focus. I'd really, really like to figure this out.



But when I say "really, really," what I mean is sort of the same thing as a student who says, "I'll do anything for a better grade." Oh? Would you...STUDY?

Certainly not! And neither will I read the manual.

Instead, I push buttons and play with settings, trying to stumble on the right answer. Today, I stumbled on the setting for "Japanese." Suddenly, the entire camera was working in Japanese, and I couldn't read the screen and thus could not correct my mistake. I had to email Charles (upstairs) and ask him to fix it. So humiliating.

No comments: