- a date for dim sum (possibly two dates, if Professor C gets his act together)
- a date to take Iain to the Children's Museum
- a date for a 3-year-old birthday party, a date to see a 3-week-old bundle of deliciousness
- a date to catch up with an old friend
- a date to let Iain meet one of the contenders for The One (Maddie!), and
- a date to take a cooking class with an accomplished cook whom Charles knows
- dinner with friends from Charles' old workplace
- visits to "dives" with my old friend Dr. G
- and some kind of meeting with my advisor
Did I mention that my spring is a little nuts this year? Yeah. Looks like our little vacation is going to be a sign of things to come.
But the good news is that we're packed (I even stole Iain's favorite book, the one with the duct tape, and put it in the carry-on), the house is almost ready for us to leave, the dogs are at the spa, and our tickets are printed. Now if we can just get to Cali with a happy toddler all will be well.
Oh, and don't worry - we'll be blogging from the road.
[EDIT! Turns out we're not taking the cooking class, only enjoying the resulting meal. So...none of the work, all of the pleasure. Things are looking up!]