Friday, June 13, 2014

Oh, Louisville. Really?

 Cake.


And pie.

 And cake.

And ice cream.

These are the kinds of things the AP reading forces upon me. This, after a meal at Four Pegs. And by meal, I mean a burger with cheese and flash-fried edamame (mmm...chili oil) and fried green tomatoes. Also, beer.

The kid said, "How about some pie and ice cream?" and who can say no to a precocious child just entering his second decade of life? Who?

So we went to a place named Homemade Pie and Ice Cream. Because truth in advertising. As they say in Kentucky, "I ain't gone lie" it was awesome. I didn't know what to do. But you know - keep calm and all that. I had some ice cream.

And then I stumbled home in a bilious fog, feeling (as I told Larry) that I was eight months pregnant with a burger baby.

No comments: