Friday, August 05, 2011

Why I Need New Boots

On our hike to Timpanogos Cave, this happened about 3/4 of the way up. Yes, it's hot. That flapping noise coming from my feet? Very elegant.

When I started looking more closely, I discovered more than one problem. Seems like it might be time for new boots, huh? I bought these (or, I should say that Charles bought them for me) more than 10 years ago. I lovelovelovelovelove them because they fit my feet perfectly.

I wore them to walk in England in 2007, I wore them to climb a mountain (a small mountain but still) in New Zealand in 2004, I trusted them to get me to school safe, warm, and dry despite eight inches of snow one morning last fall.

But - no matter their long and devoted service - I think it might be time to say goodbye.

Dialog:
[Iain sneezes in the car]
Grammy: "Gesundheit!"
Iain: "No! I'm Iain!"


No comments: