Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Overwhelming Response is Overwhelming!

Too late! In the face of a massive reply to the query in the last post (answers: zero), I have made the following:

  • Black tea ice cream
    • You steep a bunch of bags of tea (I used decaf English Breakfast but last time I used loose tea Hank gave me and that was much better, I think) in cream or milk or both. Steeping, in this case, meant that I put the cream and milk in a sauce pan with the bags, brought it up to a boil, then turned off the heat and let it sit for an hour.
    • You add some sugar at some point and stir it so it melts/dissolves.
    • You chill it thoroughly in the fridge
    • You churn it in your machine.
    • You freeze it.
  • Vietnamese coffee ice cream
    • Ridiculously easy. You mix a can of sweetened condensed milk with 1/3 cup milk and a cup of strong coffee. 
    • Stir
    • Chill
    • Churn
    • Freeze
The pineapple ice cream is ok. I think the flavor is good but it should have been frozen custard. The texture is too icy. We hate that greasy film you get from really fatty ice cream, though. I'm still seeking a happy medium.

No comments: