Thursday, July 17, 2008

Eat Me

So last night we got a call from Miriam. She said, and I quote: "Hope you're well!" and some other stuff.

Fine.

Then she called back. All casual. All, "Oh, and I forgot to add that...

I'M HAVING SIAN TART* FOR DINNER. YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, PEACH SIAN TART."

Nice. That's real nice, girlie.

For the record, and to show I'm not bitter, here's what we had for dinner last night:
1. Crackers with chevre noir, raw almonds and dried Turkish apricots, to start.
2. Grilled kebabs, beef marinated in pepper sauce (aka, A-1), chicken marinated with shawarma spices.
3. Insalata Caprese, made with basil from my garden.
4. Roasted yellow squash with vidalia onions and lemon thyme (from my garden).
5. Green salad, assorted add-ins (cucumber, carrot, orange bell pepper).
6. Sauteed snow peas with cracked black pepper (from my fabulous Penzey's pepper grinder).
7. Whole-wheat boule slices, with butter.
8. Frozen desserts, all home-made: wild blackberry sorbet (with limoncello and drambuie), watermelon sorbet (with a teensy bit of vodka), banana ice cream (with two whole vanilla bean pods in it).

Also, Pinot Grigio and Kentucky Ale.

So....I'm not bitter. So there.






*Sian Tart is Miriam's family name for a pavlova, which for those of you who have not yet truly lived is a meringue shell filled with whipped cream and fruit.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chan Tart. That is how we spell this deliciousness, this slice of heaven, this... perfection of dessert. Normally one has to share it with 342341 other people (about the number of my family, mother's side), but since I made it and there were leftovers, I get to eat the rest, meaning about half of the chan tart. You really should be jealous.

Fiona said...

Yeah, however it's spelled, it's tasty vittles. But you really shouldn't eat half of one.

You should let *me* eat half!

Also, I'd like to point out that 342,341 is the total family. The Downs's are only half, while the Hauss's are the other half. I counted at your Dad's birthday party.