Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gardening

I put on my gardening boots, which were a gift from The Chan Tart Lady,


And I went outside to pull some weeds. My trusty hound came along to provide protection.


He's a handsome fella. Not too bright, mind you, but good looking. He has a friend at the back fence, so sometimes he gets a little distracted.


The other dog's no better. Here, she looks for bird droppings she can eat.


Weeding I'm ok at. Growing herbs is a snap. But just to show you my true skills, I offer this specimen. Yeah, it's doing great. Just great.



In other news, I got a few bug bites. But here in KY, you need not worry that you'll have to go looking for your bites when you get out the cortisone. No, no. Kentucky mosquitos have a special, super-hero skill for making your skin raise up about a quarter inch within minutes. Thus, by the time you get inside (fleeing for your life), you can easily identify the places that need ointment. Such helpful insects here. Charlestonian mosquitos would simply bite you, sneer at the taste of your (plebian) blood, and saunter off for a ball at the St. Cecilia Society. Or something.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The mosquitoes in DC are exactly like the ones in KY, only their welts aren't always round. Last night, I got one that was more tadpole looking-- it had the tail and everything. Regardless, I know where to put the Itch-X creme...