Saturday, March 19, 2011

And Now for the Icing on the Cake

I was sick today. Yes, because the best thing to enhance a weekend full of exam grading (not that I've actually done any grading...) is a nice bout of gastroenteritis. Joy.

But before it hit, we managed to accomplish a couple of things. First, we popped down to our home-away-from-home (read: IKEA) and grabbed a Big Boy Bed for Iain.

Image is a hyperlink, in case you're desperate to buy a new bed.

In case you're asking (and if you're LC, you are): Hey, isn't that the exact same bed you picked out with Lawrence 7 years ago when he was moving to Pasadena? Yes, yes it is. And it's the exact same price, too. I love IKEA.

The great thing is that we're going to have house guests for about 3 weeks next month. So we needed additional bed space. And Iain has grown so large that he really could do with a bigger bed. So we killed two birds with one stone and got this bed. It'll help us make a nice nest for our guests, then it will move upstairs so Iain can enjoy a nice big bed. It'll be nice. Nice!

To dress it, we got 3 new pillows, a new duvet, and 2 versions of this cover:



It comes in green, blue, and grey. We got one set in blue (my favorite color) and one in green (Iain's favorite color). Plus bottom sheets, and a mattress ordered from Sears, that makes us readyreadyready to host a house party.

And then I got sick. So boo. But still: productive morning!

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

Hahaha!!! I love it. He has the same bed as me, and it sounds like he is as loud a snorer as me too! Thanks, IKEA!