Thursday, March 03, 2011

Happy Birthday To Me (Whales)

"Hmmm....whales."

My birthday (yesterday) was just fine. In fact, better than fine. My loving spouse gave me a weapon (en garde!), my mother gave me this dress, my in-laws gave me the means to maybe get juuuuust one more cute spring dress, and my students gave me one cake plus 2 songs ("This is the birthday sooong...It's not very looong."). We had sushi for dinner. It was a good day.

Iain, meanwhile, was busy thinking about whales. I know this because I saw a poster outside his classroom door. It asked, "What do you play with when you can't go outside?"

Each toddler's idea appeared. Kid One said "a Bus." Kid Two "my brown doggie." After that it was pretty predictable: "Stuffed animals," "Trains," "Cars," "Airplanes," "My school bus" (lots of boys in Iain's class).

Iain? He said, and I quote: "Whales, killer whales, humpback whales, whale sharks."

Oh.

3 comments:

Lawrence said...

D'oh! Sorry for missing your birthday. Sounds like you had a good one!

Unknown said...

Love Boden! Love the dress. You will be soooo pretty in it. Polka dots at the best.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday last week! I am intrigued by this "weapon" from Charles...