Thursday, January 14, 2010

Date Night

Callie and I had a date on Tuesday night. I know: Tuesday. But it was an awesome date, so I think mixing up your flirting is a good idea. Who says you can only see your girl on the weekends?

We had dinner, as you can see. I ate hummus with a spoon and crunched my pita chips and disdained the string cheese. The Mom ate it, so no waste.

Callie was feeling sort of possessive. She kept squeezing me, hugging me, and sitting right next to me. I loved it, of course. We also shared some playtime, and she showed me how to use her safari kit. It's pretty cool, except it has a fence, which I don't completely understand. Are there a lot of fences around giraffes?

When The Mom wrote my name on Callie's Etch-a-Sketch, Callie demanded "Where Callie Name?" So The Mom wrote her name, too. Then she wrote it in cursive, which Totally Blew Callie's Mind. (Totally).

After dinner and playtime, Callie's staff read to us. As you can see, we each need a lap and a book. Luckily, the staff was in full force. I wore my dinosaur pajamas ("Hippo!" "No, Iain, Dinosaur." "Hippo! Hippo! Hippo!") while Callie sported her best pink monkey jammies.

I'm so ready for Callie to come back to daycare. It's just not the same without her...

No comments: