Saturday, January 09, 2010

Kidspace, Part 1: Inside

Yesterday Miss Megan took me to Kidspace, a children's museum in the Arroyo Seco. That is, right next to the Rose Bowl. That is, in what looked a lot like a disaster area. Football fans generate a lot of trash, that's all I'm saying.

Anyway, they had a chalk table. I was not that into it.

They also had a land cruiser as part of an archaeology exhibit. The science-y part was all about dinosaur bones and whatnot. Me: not a hoot. The truck? LOVED IT! But you knew that, right? Here I am climbing in, with Miss Megan checking me out from the far side.

I'm driving here, Mom! Driving, driving, driving! I can't see out the front window, but that's not important. I can press buttons and turn the steering wheel and that's all it takes to drive.

Kidspace has a lot of stuff for kids 4-8 or so. For kids like me, they have a special room with gymnastic equipment and books and some puzzles. Here I am, getting out a puzzle that had a firetruck, a convertible, and a pickup truck in it. Hmmm...I wonder if there are more trucks in here?

Why yes, yes there are. And I found them, of course. Because I have an instinct for trucks. I can smell them from 50 feet. No truck escapes my gaze. It's kismet. Fate. Destiny.

Or maybe I'm just a boy. Whatevs. More pics to follow, of things I did outside.

No comments: