Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thanks, Ben!

So....Ben went to Japan. (I KNOW!) He sent me a care package containing some awesome, awesome, awesome stuff that melds Japanese and American traditions. Above, my new banana holder. I'll eat a banana anytime, but The Dad thinks it's gross when they get banged around in my backpack, so this is a useful tool.

What? Did I mention a backpack? Here's a bit of dialogue from The Staff 3 weeks ago:

The Dad: Next time, Iain can maybe carry a little backpack or something.
The Mom: Yeah, he can tote his own books and toys and maybe Kleenex.
The Dad: That would be good.

I didn't say that The Staff are riveting. They're pretty dull, to be frank. But anyway, no sooner had they cast those words out into the world than the above backpack arrived in the mail. And what's that I see on the zip pocket? Is that a vehicle??

Why yes, yes it is. It's a picture of my other gift. See above. And below. ZOMG. A motorized Disneyland Japan bus that rides on a track and has a map of Japanese Disneyland for a background. Did I mention ZOMG?

And Uncle Tony - that's a VW bus, isn't it? Are you freaking out?

So I hooked up all my trains (even the 6 train from NYC and one of Thomas the Tank Engine's freight cars) to the bus and made a little caravan. It's excellent.

Thank you, Ben! You're the greatest.

1 comment:

bugboys69 said...

I don't freak out anymore I just go and sit in My new VW van!

It's a good looking bus though you are a lucky boy.

Love Tony xxx