Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Toyzzz!

OK, we went to the doctor. It took more time to fill out the paperwork (for me and Iain) than to be seen. Seriously - I handed in the paperwork, and 1.5 miliseconds later a nurse came for me. She took our BP and temperature, then said "ok, the doctor will be in soon."

Soon turned out to mean: before the door could completely close. He looked in Iain's ears - clean. He looked in mine - clean. He listened to us breathe, then told us we're fine (just a virus) and that he was going to prescribe some antibiotics just in case we got worse in a few days.

Bam! Big, big kudos to Irvine Urgent Medical Care. Friendly, efficient, and flexible. Oh, and good parking.


Then we stopped at Target to get me new jammies (my jammies sort of...broke this morning) and fill our prescriptions. Then Charles said, "let's see if they have anything fun for Iain. I think he's a little bored." The results appear in this post. At some point I know I said, "We're becoming impulsive."
Iain calls this the "MenMiss" ie Cement Mixer. Below, the Scoop figurine that came with the new Bob the Builder DVD. Oh, didn't I mention the DVD's? While I waited for our prescription, Charles said, "I'll go check out the movie section."

Here, cement mixer meets backhoe. Anything could happen, people. Anything.

At lunch, Iain expressed his displeasure that we'd left his Airport book at home. So while we were shopping we made sure the aeronautical vehicles got their fair share.

The one below, as you can see, flirted with certain death. Moments after this picture was taken, Iain dropped it straight into the hot tub.

It's quite pretty, and I don't see any lasting damage from its dip in the drink.

There are more. Really. We also got a five-pack of matchbox trucks (tow truck, van, pickup truck, flatbed, and a little tanker), the second Sesame Street vintage box set, and...Thomas the Tank Engine 3 DVD set.

WE ARE SUCKERS.

But he's a good boy. So what's wrong with a little spoiling?

2 comments:

Grandmother said...

And Daddy gets to play with the new toys too!
Hope you all feel better soon!

Unknown said...

You are suckers. But I am finding out, as are we when it comes to the dog. Lord help us if we have a kid.