Thursday, June 07, 2007

I Should Have Known

...when I saw the four (4!) hot Italian guys leaning sulkily against the doorjamb of the restaurant.

...that it was going to be excellent. Did I mention they have a pizza oven? Yeah. We had our own pitcher of water (not common here), then calamari fritti (tender, salty, and with a little salad with fresh-made balsamic vinaigrette OMG), then we shared a pizza - hot out of the oven, crispy Neapolitan-style, with fresh tomato sauce (the kind with nothing in it but tomatoes), a little cheese, and a few slices of spicy Italian sausage (aka, sort of like pepperoni, but hand-cut).

Yeah. So...I think we'll be going back there. Did I mention it was 12 pounds? MmHm.

P.S. And then a cute Italian fellow came in and ordered IN ITALIAN and he ordered the calamari fritti, and I wanted to scoot over and be all, "It's yummy!!" but here in England you don't really get all up in people's business like that. So I held it in. Barely. He was having risotto with seafood for his main course. Obviously, a man of taste.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bring him back for Jen or Kelly.... you can deliver him in August....

Unknown said...

These are also the moments that you take out your digtial camera and take a photo of said hot guys so we can judge which one of the four at THE hawtness... I mean, why else do they make the cameras so small and pocketsize? So you can snap photos of hot men and email them around the world, of course!