Friday, June 22, 2007

Mock Not...

I shouldn't have made fun of the "how to eat this dessert" question.

Last night, I dreamed that I was eating dinner with a distinguished asian gentleman. We were eating noodles from a pasta bowl. Every time I took a bite, I looked over to find him using a different utensil from me. First, he used a big spoon, like the Italians do. Then he had a contraption that was like the bowl of a spoon, without the handle. Then he had something else, etc.

Each time, I could tell he was amused by my gaucherie. And I would look down and find that I, too, had that utensil. I'd missed it and used the wrong spoon. The horror.

I don't think I can attend another luncheon like the one yesterday. It messed with my head.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea British high society! We Southerns have no hope of making it!