Monday, April 04, 2011

Eureka!

Germination, people! I saw three tiny seedlings today. Lettuce, here I come.

In other news, I was showing Iain the mail. There was a letter for Daddy and I pointed out our last name. Then I pointed to a piece of Iain's artwork from school. "See," I said, "how the name we all share is here, but it shows your name here and Daddy's name here?"

Silence.

"Iain, Daddy's a [Smith], and so am I, and so are you."

"NO!"

"No?"

"You're a nutnut."

What could I say to that?

GERMINATION!! I took some photos Sunday morning in the snow, so stay tuned. We've got lilac buds forming, green leaves unfurling, and the lawns are perking up all over the place.

And while we're on the subject of change...a new kitchen island will appear on Monday. The cooktop and vent arrived last week, the cabinetry, countertop, and hardware (pot lid holder! Undermounted trash!) go in next week. Joy.

No comments: