Sunday, August 17, 2008

Asher: Absolutely Adorable

Fresh from the factory, and already pretty darn cute. Mom says he looks like his father, but since both parents are handsome specimens, I'll say he looks like both of them.


Here, of course, everyone's favorite time with any newborn. Sleep away, kiddo, mommy's tired. Daddy, from what I hear, is so excited he can't sleep anyway. "Hi! I have a son! Wanna see???" Congrats, Jack - oh, and you have throw-up on your shirt.


No child in Heather's family wears blue for long. It's orange, baby, starting as young as possible. If they make orange diapers, don't doubt for a second that he's wearing them. Pretty soon it'll be IPTAY and Death Valley and making a face whenever someone says, "Gamecock."


Asher has an older brother. Not just any older brother, of course. This child has been groomed by me from birth - shown the ways of the world and exposed to all that is good (especially at FAO Shwartz, RIP). At this very moment, Something Special is winging its way to Big Brother Number 1, though he knows it not.

Notice How BBN1 looks at Asher as if to say, "As soon as they realize that you cry and poop a lot, I'm totally off the hook, dude. Compared to you, I'm no trouble at all. Also, I can ride my bike and read, whereas your big accomplishment is eating. But I'll still be nice to you."


And, last, the art shot. This is the one that will go in his Oscar montage when he wins a lifetime achievement award.



P.S. Notice the hospital room behind BBN1. That brings back memories.

No comments: