Monday, February 01, 2010

Behold: The Waffle Monster

Pretty much anything you ask Iain these days results in this: "WAFFLES!"

Brekkie? WAFFLES!
Lunch? WAFFLES!
Dinner? Manllaaaaaa! [vanilla] followed, often, by: WAFFLES!

He's eaten the stash I made a week ago (ten waffles in the freezer, 4 eaten by me, that leaves 6 whole waffles in Iain's tummy. And he poached about 1/4 of mine, too, so that's one more whole waffle.). I might have to pack away the waffle iron for a couple of weeks just to break the cycle.

Oh, and he outgrew his pants and weighs 28 pounds. Coincidence? I think not.

In other news, his new favorite book is beaten-up copy of the A to Z book by Sandra Boynton. And here's where I have to give props to daycare: he knows more than half the letters. Knows them perfectly. And many of the rest he only gets wrong because he mistakes them for letters they resemble (for example, V and W, or S and Z).

I should have seen this coming, because Callie can recognize her name. But I confess I never really considered that pretty soon I'd have to come up with a secret cipher so Charles and I can pass notes that say things like "Check out the size of that Head!" and "Are we out of WAFFLES? Oh no!"

No comments: