Monday, February 15, 2010

Winter, Paging Winter - Please Meet Your Party Someplace Else

I am tired of winter. Who's with me?

Miriam: snowed in.
My parents: rained on, incessantly, for...ever.
Kentucky: enduring yet another week of sub-freezing temps, gray skies, and just enough snow to make it dangerous but not enough to make people stay home.

I know the birds agree with me, because about 400 of them came to visit our yard today. If you expand that picture in the previous post you can see that the tree on the right is full of them. I think they're here because they know we're on the same page: I want spring.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

it's 80 and sunny in LA.

Unknown said...

But I get to escape to Oz on Friday, which is also 80 degrees but soooo much better than LA.

Bart said...

We're *just* reaching the point where the sun doesn't set until 5pm here, so although it's still pretty cold, it's not quite a dark as it has been.

So count your blessings, you could be just emerging from three months of perpetual night!