Thursday, February 18, 2010

Bon Voyage

Tomorrow, Miriam embarks on her epic adventure to Oceania. It's a two-day trip, after which she will enjoy two weeks of delicious Australian cuisine, gorgeous Australian sunshine (which she deserves after all that snow), and splendid Australian scenery (I hear this includes the human scenery, but since she'll be on her honeymoon, I doubt that will penetrate.).

Above, her husband, showing off his ring last summer in Tunbridge Wells.* I've thought a lot about this subject, and am convinced that weddings should include a beer break. It was thirsty work, marrying those two. Look how happy Michelle and Kelly are. Look! I rest my case.

Bon Voyage, Miriam. Safe travels and happy trails. I won't weep with frustration that we can't talk. Really, I won't.




*Blogger wants me to replace Tunbridge with "unabridged" or "footbridge." No.

2 comments:

Alexandra said...

gotta say...little jealous

Unknown said...

Thank you! And how do you know that you won't get a call from Down Under?

I have managed a suitcase that is only about 2/3rds full-- I am leaving room for the koala bear I promised to bring Kelly in exchange for watching Stirling.

It is hard to believe that we will spend our 7th month wedding anniversary in Melbourne. It is exciting and I am looking forward to a warm sunny adventure! I even have a new swimsuit and sunscreen for the occasion!