Sunday, February 14, 2010

Waffles!

Whee! I loves my waffles! In fact, the waffle above is my second waffle of the morning, because I can't maintain my Insane Growth Pattern on just a single waffle.

Below, the process:
We tried to adapt Kelly's cinnamon-fiber-intensive-colon-blow waffle to our needs (in other words: Iain does not need more fiber. I shudder to think...). So we added cinnamon and vanilla and a few other things from the recipe, but otherwise stuck to our basic pamphlet-in-the-box recipe.

The result was a mixed bag. Naturally, Iain liked it:

"More waffle? More srup? More butter? I can has your camera?"

But I thought the cinnamon made the eggy-ness of the waffle (Charles' comment on previous batches) even more pronounced. And the cinnamon flavor was minimal. So I think on our next try (next weekend, of course), we'll cut the eggs in half and increase the cinnamon. Or perhaps try orange extract and zest for a citrus kick.

In other news, I am feeling somewhat better today. My sinus headache finally decided to go bother someone else, and though my voice is very Lauren Bacall, it's holding steady. I've had three of my 6 antibiotics, so my fingers are crossed that Zithromax is killing nasty bugs and will continue to do so.

Also, today Iain learned to say, "Read it, please, Dude."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Come and make me waffles! Dude.