Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bleurgh

In a comment last week, Bart said:
You Hallorans and your never-ending lurgy. I'm starting to wonder if your house is in the vicinity of a Union Carbide plant.
In reply, I can only say that today I had to go to the doctor. And she said, "Welcome to the wonderful world of sinus infections." Great. I have fluid in my ears, infected sinuses (and a massive headache as a result), a very sultry voice (swollen vocal chords!), and I'm dehydrated. Five more days of antibiotics, please!

[She asked me whether I'd had a flu shot. I said, "No, because I haven't been well for one whole week since August, so I can't ever get one." Oh.]

But how bad could I feel, when I look over the banister and see Iain and Charles reading together? And check out Boris, desperately hoping to be included, watching with deep interest as Iain explains (again) the fascinating world of Fire Engines.

2 comments:

Bart said...

Is it the nursery connection? Is it the boy's fault? He must be building up one hell of an immune system.

...When the super-virus wipes out 99% of the Earth's population, Iain will be one of the few survivors, humanity's last hope. And as he walks the empty streets of America, his dogs at his side and his satchel full of waffles and ammunition, he'll take tremendous satisfaction in the knowledge that all of the world's trucks and heavy goods vehicles now belong to him...

Fiona said...

Dude, that's hilarious. Now I have a mental post-apocalyptic novel in which my son is the protagonist. He'll wear his jammies, of course. His car jammies.