Friday, November 21, 2008

3-2-1 Cognition!


This morning, Iain demonstrated another cognitive breakthrough. I gave him his monkey and a book (I'm guessing you can tell which is which in these pictures), and set him down so I could take care of some things.
.
Next thing I know, he's holding them, one after the other, and shaking them up and down. This may not seem like a big deal to you, but the book makes rattling noises (due to those little pyramids in the cover) and the monkey has a bell inside.
.
So Iain figured out that each item makes a noise. He then figured out that he could trigger that noise by moving them up and down. He then experimented with each toy in turn.
.
That, my friends, is thinking.
.
Next stop: calculus.
.




[Note: I set him down on the floor in another room. These pictures are posed. In other words: no, I don't set him down on the dining room table and walk away.]

3 comments:

Rae said...

My first thought is, "Oh! That's so neat!"

My second thought it, "I didn't even realize he was on a table..."

Fiona said...

Yeah, well. I posted it and then realized that the text sort of implied that he did all that thinkin' while on the table.

Don't want anyone to worry about Iain learning to dive off the DR table. He'll try that *next* week.

SarahHub said...

He is a genius!