Saturday, November 15, 2008

Progress

All week, Iain was waking up at 7:30. So last night I went to bed expecting to wake up under certain conditions:

A) The lights would be on (ie, post-dawn).

B) I would have had 8.5 hours of sleep. Imagine the joy.

I bet you know where this story is going.

At 6:30am, Iain woke up. He signaled this development by screaming. So I went to get him, fed him his bottle, and otherwise entertained him for an hour.

At 7:35, I thought maybe he was ready for a nap. I certainly was. So I put him down.

No dice. He hollered until I came back. I was bitter.

But as I came into his room, I noticed something that almost made up for my lack of sleep. He was up on his hands and knees.

Charles tells me he did it again just now, when he woke from his mid-day nap. Iain turns 7 months old Tuesday. Looks like crawling and/or standing might be coming down the pike sooner rather than later.

1 comment:

Rae said...

OH! That's so great! :)

I'm sure it's difficult to hold onto any amount of bitterness when you see something like that! :)