Monday, November 24, 2008

Rrringg!!!

The phone rang yesterday, and who could it be? The Milton-Keynes contingent! Joy!

We caught up on some juicy happenings ("he said what? I hope they paid you off bigtime!") and interesting developments ("Aunt Sandra's at Blenheim, now? Wonderful!"). There was bad news, too ("I can't be as mean to the local dealers, because they're all hurting." That's just sad - Tony's favorite* part of his job was yelling at local dealers).

Mostly, it was lovely to catch up. They're thinking of coming for a wee visit, and with the exchange rate so much better (but I'm not bitter!), we're thinking of going back for a wee visit as well. Too bad they didn't get that 6BR house, though. We'd have Moved Right In.

Here's a bit of nostalgia, boys: us on the canal



And Bart and Me in Bath. Note Bart's Historical Hat. Davy Crockett would be so proud.

[EDIT: Whoops! Bart points out that we were at Woburn Abbey. True, true. I just can't keep track of all the fun stuff we did. The best thing was lowering ourselves out of that window at Oxford Castle. You know, just like Empress Mathilda in 1142. Remember that? Good times.]

[Ok, we didn't do that. But it would have been fun.]


* or, "favourite" if you prefer.

3 comments:

Bart said...

Ah, good times. I thought that second photo was taken behind Auntie Sandra's flat at Woburn Abbey. Look, the sun was shining in England - how novel!

Fiona said...

The sun? Impossible!

From what I read on my favourite tabloid, you kids are freezing over there. Bundle up, dudes.

Rae said...

OH MY GOSH! I love spelling favourite with a u. lol. That's even on my 100 things list (which I haven't finished).

I want to go to Bath. I wonder if it's any fun now that television has been invented...

I need a trip somewhere.