Friday, November 21, 2008

Oh Noes!

The Daily Mail is a British tabloid. It's the kind of paper that likes a good murder ("Cannibis-smoking schizophrenic butchered his gran on Christmas Day after wishing her a 'merry Christmas'") or a nice UFO ("Helicoptor in dramatic near-miss with 'sinister' UFO 1,500 ft. above Birmingham").

So you can see why I took it very seriously when the DM reported that babies who sit in front-facing strollers are destined for a life of misery. According to the researcher at University of Dundee whom they quote, "Our data suggests [sic] that for many babies, life in a buggy is emotionally impoverished and possibly stressful. Stressed babies grow into anxious adults."

The theory is that when the baby faces you, he gets to listen to you, see you, etc. When he faces out, he has only the entire world to look at. Poor baby - no stimulation. Should we re-think the BOB? Is Iain going to grow up to be anxious because he had to look at nature instead of watching me tromp along? There's so much to worry about.

Gotta go. The DM is reporting that popstar Katy Perry dressed as a "sexy senorita" for a gig. Once I read that, though, it's back to boycotting the DM for what they did to Russell Brand. Have no fear, Tony: I still hate them the most.

2 comments:

Rae said...

I have no idea who this Russel Brand is, but I never knew sexy came wearing a granny shawl.

I love Katy Perry, but she looks like a flamenco dancer threw up on her.

SarahHub said...

This was a study of 20 kids. I'll bet Iain is just fine...