Friday, July 24, 2009

Apologies

Sorry to miss blogging yesterday. We had a dinner engagement.

But before you get all bitter, let me just explain. I had a headache, see. But I kept forgetting to medicate. I'd mean, to, right, but then I'd start some laundry or go to the loo, or need to change Iain's diaper, or whatever. And I'd forget the Advil.

Fast forward to our drive out to Reston, and the headache has assumed mass proportions. It's getting kind of ice-pick-in-my-eyeball, in fact. And, just for fun, there's a touch of nausea.

So when we arrived at the (lovely) home to meet the (lovely!) couple we're dining with. Their (adorable!) dog was adorable/adorable. But my head and tummy were getting worse and worse and worse and worse and...

I looked a the clock and realized that it was 6:10. No way to get back and hide in bed because of traffic. So it was time to come clean. I confessed that I was ill, that I didn't think I could eat anything, that I might need to go throw up in their (immaculate) bathroom. Not happy times.

And the worst part (aside from the sensation that I might hurl on the hummus, I mean)? The meal was perfect for moi! A spinach and feta pie, plus lamb and zucchini kabobs, plus a bulgur salad (a lot like cous-cous). Argh. I could smell it. I tasted it. Bad idea.

In the end, Iain and I lay down together in the guest room while they ate dinner and played a game. I was a completely worthless guest. I came back, went to bed, chewed 2 Dramamine, and passed out.

That's why I didn't blog.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am hoping that you are feeling better today.

And that you left the lovely couples' house with a doggie bag.

Unknown said...

worthless guest. that's you. all the time.