Friday, July 10, 2009

Feed the Birds, Tuppence a Bag

OH, hai. Looking for an outing? When I was in Milton Keynes I fed the birds with Bart and Tony.


We had leftover rolls, see, so instead of eating 20 rolls each, or letting them rot, or throwing them out, we decided to attract a flock of terrifying winged rats and toss them a bit of nosh.

Tony showed us the way:


There were babies - in this case, cygnets.

Their mom was scary to my mom. My mom's afraid of swans.


And ducks and geese, too. Dad made fun of her a little.

Consider this Part 8000 of Why Milton Keynes Does Not Suck.

2 comments:

Bart said...

There are three fewer reasons since you guys left. :¬(

But what's with the skittishness around birds? There's nothing frightening about their dark, dead eyes.

I had a good friend in college that got totally freaked out by birds. Occasionally, when we'd go out on the town together, I'd make sure I had a bit of bread in my pocket so if we passed a bunch of pigeons, I could throw crumbs at his feet and giggle while he shrieked. Six foot four, he was.

BaysYates said...

I am afraid of swans too!! So much we have in common... :)