Friday, July 10, 2009

Give Peace a Chance

Milton Keynes boasts many lovely parks. Yes, Milton Keynes. The extensive park system includes a park devoted to peace and to Siddartha. Yes, Siddharta.

Here's the pavilion:

Tony walking across the meditation platform toward the pavilion.

The Buddha himself, all bling-y:


It's a round temple, which is very pleasing to walk around. I think if I wanted to work something out in my head, I'd just walk round and round the deck until I felt a little calmer.


A group of Japanese monks founded the Peace Park, supervised the building, and maintain a monastery nearby. Isn't it pretty?


They keep a Japanese garden, too:


Here are Charles and Tony thinking deep thoughts and watching the fish swim. I took Iain up to check out the flowers and the stone monument and whatnot. He thought it was neato. Really.

No comments: