Friday, March 19, 2010

What A Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday, things were bad. Iain screamed, screamed screamed. He was still miserably sick, coughing constantly, and in no mood for anything but "KIPPA DA DAAAAG!!"

Today, day three of antibiotics, he's much, much better. Smiling, eating noodles and fruit, playing with the fish (He likes to throw rocks at them. I disapprove, but Charles says this is boy-normative, and I figure he would know.), and generally acting like himself.

His report card said: "A good day, only two fits!" Great. That's a good day. And then Miss Donna told me an interesting story. She was writing out the report cards, and Iain asked "For my mommy?" She told him yes, that she records what he does and tells me. I then tell Grandma. He stared at her. He watched her fill out the reports on other children. He thought deep, deep thoughts.

So maybe things will get a little better, now that he knows that the grownups are in cahoots.

No comments: