Monday, March 08, 2010

Yeah, So...

Iain's awake. I mean AWAKE. And it's 10:03pm.

About a week ago, after I described to Dr. G. Iain waking in the night and refusing food (Iain? Refusing food?) Dr. G asked me "is he in a cognitive development spurt?"

Well, I guess so. He's been waking in the night, he's been cranky, he's been talking non-stop...I think he might be about to make some kind of leap forward.

But for now he's watching Thomas the Tank Engine in The Big Bed (ours). Charles says that since it's spring break, he can stay up late. Do daycares have spring break?

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

how weird!! Peanut did the same thing last night....up at 10 and ready to play. and I was ready to sleep. and of course there is no sleeping in after a late night. grrrr

SarahHub said...

Just when you think you have everything running smoothly, your kids have their own ideas...

Fiona said...

He sat up watching Thomas for about 30 minutes, then went back to bed. But we heard him for another half hour after that.

On the plus side, he slept until 7:20, which is good. But I was wide awake at 7:19 wondering if he'd climbed out the window or something.

Oh, Sarah, so nice to have you back. Honestly, Iain has such a strong personality, I harbor no illusions that I'm in charge.