Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Candy!

New word this week. Or, at least, new to me. "Candy!!"

When Charles sniffed Iain's Motrin and said, "It smells like cotton candy..." I took it and confirmed that yes, it smells like the Best Snack At The Fair, Bar None. Yum. And then Iain said: "Candy!"

Wow. We don't really keep candy for him (there's chocolate in the freezer but that's for US!). So where did he learn that word? I think I know.

In other news, he's on day 3 of his antibiotic. Tomorrow, then Friday morning, then he's done. So far, his symptoms have expanded to include a wet, swollen eye (Normal! Says the nurse. And besides, we'd treat it with the same thing he's already taking.), a runny nose and a hacking cough. Joy. Poor little man could hardly eat his chicken nuggets, apple sauce, pear chunks and juice tonight. And all he had for brekkie was a large bowl of cereal, a cup of milk (in addition to what was in the bowl), and one whole orange. He's going to waste away, I tell you.

We're packing for our trip, trying to anticipate what we'll need and what we can buy. I can hardly wait, but at the same time (as with all travel these days) in some ways I'd rather just stay home.

No comments: