Saturday, December 26, 2009

Delicious, Fun, and Educational

"Hi, Iain? It's Isla. Hey, I'm just calling to say: sorry I missed you in October. I heard you're going to be hanging out with Maddie while you're in LA, and I just want to be sure I've still got a chance. I mean, I could be The One, dude. Think about it."

"Oh, and any chance I can get some of that apple pie your mom made? Just Fedex it, dude."


Iain got a lot of books for Christmas. Check it out above. Wow. You'd be amazed how many of those are about trucks, tractors, airplanes and other construction/conveyance vehicles. He is now capable of identifying a tanker truck, cement mixer, dump truck, back "ho," bulldozer, roller, airplane, car, digger, and logging truck. Oh, and he can count the cars on a car carrier, up to 9. When you ask him what comes after 9 he says "3."

As for Mommy, I'm luxuriating in the glow of my new toy. It's a mixer paddle for my Kitchen-Aid standing mixer. As you can see, it has spatulated (I made that word up) sides so it scrapes the bowl while it mixes.

I need Charles and Iain to eat a bunch of pie today and tomorrow so I can make something new in my mixer. Hurry up, gents!

3 comments:

Baby D said...

Isla can't put that damn cell phone down. I think we created a monster...I can see it now, Isla on MTV's Sweet 16 speaking in run-on sentences..."Like..I had my first cell at 1 like, OK, like ....whatever..."
I'm very afraid.
Fiona, I can't remember if I told you about They Might Be Giants DVD Here Come the ABC's but it is AWESOME. SIMPLY AWESOME. But beware, you and your hubby may find yourselves watching it and singing the songs even without your child. The tunes are that catchy. Isla love, love loves it too. Very creative and cool. Enjoy :)

Unknown said...

I have that mixing spatula, as you well know, and it.is.awesome.

It makes making the pound cake soooo easy and everything else too. It should be sold with the stand mixer and not as a separate attachment. That is also how I feel about the pasta attachments, and I have yet to see that bundled by Kitchen Maid.

Fiona said...

M: I agree! And I also think that the clear plastic thing that helps you funnel flour into the bowl without splattering should be a standard attachment.

I can't believe KitchenAid doesn't call us before selling these things.

Deeterville: We make Iain listen to grown-up music. But I've heard very good things about TMBG music for children.

Also, given Isla's aunties, I think the cell phone war is long lost. Sorry.