Friday, December 18, 2009

Oy!

As you can see above, the cold finally drove me indoors. I love my sunroom office, but an uninsulated room can only be realistic up to a certain point. It's been weeks of 30-degree days, and I just couldn't manage the chills anymore. There's not enough tea in the world (not even in England, where tea is just...better).

So I'm now ensconced (messily) in the guest room, in the nifty little wall-desk you see. It's from IKEA, and I lovelovelove it, as Eloise would say. There's no place for a notebook, or my papers, but that's just too bad. I can't have frostbitten toes.

Charles is sick again. That's the oy. As in, Oy Vey. As in, Why Me? I mean, Why Him? I mean, Why Us?

And here's the kicker: we have a dinner date tomorrow. With the same friend who we've been trying to have dinner with all fall. Every single time, something intervenes. And this time, it's not just ill health but a winter weather advisory. So tomorrow is supposed to include the December graduation (yay for my students and for my colleague's wife!), then dinner with T.A. while Callie babysits Iain.

But we might end up at home, just like tonight. Again. Because we might be snowed in.

And before you ask: yes, I went out and bought bread and milk. Baa....

No comments: