Monday, December 14, 2009

Send in the Troops (in HAZMAT suits)

Urgh. Iain is better. Charles is sick.

Yup. Iain's back to semi-normal (cranky, not eating like himself, but not throwing up) but he has passed The Plague on to Charles. The poor man is upstairs, and not very happy.

The only positive about this is that is affirms our decision to keep Iain (and ourselves) home on Saturday night. We had a party to go to, a babysitter lined up, and dinner with a friend afterward. Iain would go to Callie's house, where the two of them would whisper sweet nothings to one another while the doting babysitter looked on and maybe taught them a little French.

But we didn't want to get Callie sick. So we all stayed home. Boo.

I feel good about that, now. Clearly, whatever Iain had is contagious. I hate it that Charles got sick, but I'm so, so glad Callie did not.

Tomorrow, my last papers come in. I can hardly wait. For one thing, that will mean that the semester is over. For another, this is a really good group. I can hardly wait to see what they think.

1 comment:

bugboys69 said...

Get well soon Charles. I hope you get some rest.

Glad Iain is feeling better to.

F have you started baking yet, or does that start after the last paper comes in?

Love to you all xxx