Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Birthday Fun Never Stops

Miriam knows I like my tea to stand up and dance. In fact, if possible I prefer that it should actually declaim poetry while I drink it. A little weight lifting wouldn't hurt, either.

So she sent me a tea strainer and a trio of lovely English teas. Each one has the capacity to lay out any single member of the Worldwide Wrestling Federation (or whatever they're called these days) and as a combination...watch out.

Thank you, Miriam and Will!

In other news, Monday (my birthday), Miriam and Will enjoyed a "proper English breakfast." They had a snow day. In case you're seriously deprived, an English fry up includes sausage and bacon, eggs, fried toast, fried tomatoes, mushrooms, and often potatoes and Heinz baked beans. You can see a photo of their version here.

At Chez Iain, breakfast is more moderate. Or at least more plant-based. Here's this morning's offering:


Oatmeal, with blueberries, banana and strawberries.

3 comments:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

You mean you didn't get the memo that said you must give bedtime snacks?!! :) (If you read the fine print, it also says this only occurs when you're at your Aunt's house for Christmas and she breaks out her awesome freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.) No, actually, the cookies were simply a bribe to get all 8 kids sitting in one spot at one time...

Are both you and your husband from England? I was drooling when you described your English breakfast. I lived in England for a year after college -- in London -- writing for a very small magazine of an organization that did international work. I loved it. I lived with two British families. Actually, I worked in London but lived in Oxted, Surrey, and one other place which I am forgetting right now. It was a fabulous experience.

Fiona said...

We're not English but my BFF Miriam is marrying an Englishman in June. Also, one of my oldest friends is married to an Englishman and they make the best breakfast *evar*.

We spent a summer in England in 2007, thus our love for and reference to things English. A year in London would be too long for me, but I'd take Surrey...

Unknown said...

hrmph. i guess *some* birthday presents are more photogenic than others.