Friday, March 13, 2009

Not Such a Good New Trick


Iain has learned to open doors. By itself, this is great. But.....

If you don't fully close the door (listen for the 'snick'!), he will go try to open it. And crawl out into the hallway and fall down the stairs to his death. Also, if you pick him up, he may reach for the door and pull it open as you lift, thus whacking himself or you with it. Joy.

Cabinet doors are a target, too. Any door will do, in fact. Thank goodness we no longer have a doggie door, because if we did that kid would be out in the snow faster than you can say 'spit'!

So it's a new trick. But not one I'm thrilled about. Once he can walk, I figure I'll teach him to hold the door open for Mommy, which is gallant. Until then, I just have to push the dresser in front of every door after I go through it. That's not so bad, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are so in trouble when he here for July.....