Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cuisine

From our Los Angeles correspondent:
"I only wish I could have a dinner like this:

1. Pureed chicken/mango/risotto, 4 oz.
2. Happy Bellies multigrain cereal, one tablespoon, w/ milk
3. Two Cheerios
4. 1/4 egg yolk
5. A tiny sliver of mozzarella
6. One ounce of milk, to wash it all down

The sommelier hovered at her elbow throughout, dude. I want to be a baby for a week."

Am I crazy, or is this menu really, really specific? I mean, when Iain eats cereal, he eats it in measures like "handful." His bottles are Big Gulps. He eats enormous balls of mozzarella (hand-pulled by imported Italian cheese makers, of course). Instead of egg yolk quarters, Iain consumes whole chickens with the eggs still inside. [cue super-scary music!]

Also - Iain would love to eat mango again. He really liked it before, but I can't seem to find a mango here that isn't rotten inside. I don't expect miracles, but I do ask that my fruit not putrefy from the inside out (except persimmons, of course).

3 comments:

Chris Bray said...

Dude, Our Tiny Lady (OTL) is a tiny lady. She's effing delicate and refined. She doesn't eat like some, like, boy.

I would also like to report that she thinks yam chunks are for hurling at her father. With all her might.

Fiona said...

Nice, dude. And so, so ladylike.

Our son eats like a boy. Big time.

SarahHub said...

Um, Evie eats like a girl, too.