Monday, September 14, 2009

Bad Dreams

Ugh. I hate anxiety dreams.

Last night I dreamed that I was trapped in an underground warren of tiny rooms. At first I got out through a back door, but then somehow I found myself back inside and this time with a tiny, sleeping baby to protect. I hid in a closet, but then I stupidly reached out to close the door and someone saw me.

Later in the same dream I had to lock hundreds of angry parrots in a room in my house. They were pooping all over the white-on-white furniture (here's where anyone who knows me starts laughing - as if I could ever have white furniture). Meanwhile, I was calling wildlife rescue groups trying to find someone to take the parrots. No luck.

Oh, but wait. This is Night Two of the bad dreams. Night before last I dreamed that I discovered, years after graduating, that I received a "D" in "Indian History" in graduate school. I took no such class! But in my dream someone called to ask me "How can you explain that grade?" and I had no answer.

I'd like to dream about fairies and unicorns tonight, please. Of course, the way things are going I'll dream that the unicorns are on a rampage, stabbing fairies with their single horn.

3 comments:

SarahHub said...

I hope you dream about puppies and rainbows...

Bart said...

I'll swing by in the Starship Enterprise and beam you up, if you like.

Fiona said...

At the moment I'm evacuating Galactica, so I'm afraid I can't go doodling off on another starship.

But thanks for the offer.