Monday, September 07, 2009

Sassy!

Last night Iain decided that walking was inferior to running. Except his running isn't what you'd call olympic material. He gets going pretty fast, then tumbles onto his face. Whoops!

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to film his walking (again), because it's gotten so much better since last week. I got out my phone, turned on the camera, set it to video mode, and what did Iain do? Reach up, pull down his uneaten mango (from dinner), and set it on the floor from Juno. I snatched it away and said "No," which triggered a tantrum. Of course. Put away camera.

Tantrum = bedtime. I took him upstairs, put him in the crib, fetched him a clean blanket, and then turned to collect some stuff off the changing table. By the time I got to the table, I was apparently persona non grata, because I heard Iain say from behind me, "Nie-Nie, Mama" in a firm tone. In other words: Get Out, Mama.

"I'm going! Sheesh." And I did. He went to sleep without a peep.

But can we take a moment to register the fact that he's so dictatorial at 16 months? Yeah.

3 comments:

SarahHub said...

Oh, I am so jealous! You have to help me with this sleeping thing this time around. I still hold Evie until she falls asleep...

Unknown said...

Promised not to make any more snarky comments. I really did, but this one. Got. To.

Iain's commanding tone just might be genetic.

Unknown said...

Sassy: like mother, like son. ;)