Friday, September 18, 2009

Cinnamon Apple Cake

What to do when you have a bowl full of personally-picked local apples? These were Jona-something (Jonagold? Jona...I dunno) from Evans Orchard, and they are !tart! So they're not my cup of tea to eat raw, and I already made pie...

Hmmm...look at that:


My KitchenAid mixer bowl is so...empty. So lonely. So forlorn. I should give it something to chew on. Maybe something gooey so I can lick the bowl after.

I made apple cake today. Did you guess? Above are the ingredients: 3 apples, flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, vanilla, cream cheese, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, cooking spray.

The full recipe is here, including snarky comments.

1 comment:

Grandmother said...

Saturday I made the Fuji Spice Apple Cake that's in October's Bon Appetit. The recipe is easy enough unless you don't have the applesauce the recipe calls for and decide to make your own like I did. Not hard to do, just takes extra time. Plus, I didn't cut the apple pieces up as small as I should have. Otherwise, I liked it, but carrot cake is better. Chloe liked it which made it all worthwhile.1