Monday, September 21, 2009

Ooo! Lovely

If you've been reading this blog from the beginning (so, that would be about two people), you know that when we spent the summer in England we learned to love many things.

Tea. Especially the English tea bags that make a strong cup in about 2 seconds with one bag. The tea bags sold to Americans are designed to make weaker tea. Boo!

Fish-n-Chips. Charles was a fan. I do not generally eat fried fish, but I tried it and it was good.

Discussing the weather. Since it rained for like 200 days that summer, we talked about rain. A lot. And it was always fun to stand around asking questions like, "Do you think we need a jacket and an umbrella? I could wear the jacket and use the umbrella to shield the groceries." Riveting stuff.

So it was with great relief that I read today in my favorite rag that these 3 things are the favorite topics of conversation for the British. Yes, the weather is #1, followed by Fish-n-chips and tea. Go check out the article. And while you're there, enjoy all the comments. They boil down to, "We like those things because they're all we've got left."

2 comments:

Bart said...

You know how they say that the Inuit have several hundred words for snow, you would think the Brits would have at least that many for rain.

Although, come to think of it, after thirteen years over here, I can probably come up with quite a few...

bugboys69 said...

I am drinking tea looking at the graying sky and thinking about dinner.

I guess that is close.

From a loyal reader from the beginning.

xxx