Sunday, September 27, 2009

Dinner Last Night

Baked organic tater tots! Steamed broccoli with melted cheddar! (ok, full disclosure: he didn't like the broccoli. But I ate it and it was GOOD!), and for dessert:

I made pineapple jello in little cups. I thought I'd unmold them and serve it like flan, so Iain would have an easier time eating it. No dice. It came out looking more like a dead jellyfish. So I made a bowl of cut-up fruit (plum and banana) and slid the pineapple jello (which had slivers of red grape in it) over the top. Not beautiful, but Iain was delighted. He dug around in the fruit, eating bits with jello clinging to them, licking his fingers, etc.

Once he was abed, I roasted a butternut squash, peeled it and mashed it with brown sugar. That'll be part of tonight's dinner, to be eaten at Callie's house.

No comments: