Friday, June 19, 2009

Cream Tea

We visited Wakefield Farm Shop in Potterspury, Towcester*, Northamptonshire. Feeling a bit peckish, we stopped in the Tea Shop for a cream tea. Tony considered his choice carefully:

While Iain pounded the table, which is not really the best way to get the waiter's attention.


Scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam. Unfortunately, I failed to interpret Tony's frantic gesturing and mouth twitches so I did not change focus and photograph the truly impressive Visible Butt Crack on the lady just outside on the porch. I think she was rolling commando, if you know what I mean.

Iain really liked his taste of scone with clotted cream. He agrees with Tony that if one had to die of clotted cream, that would be well worth it.

Yum.

Observed, on the wall of a bathroom stall in the mall here in MK:
"Jesus loves you - yeah you."
"Yeah, but I only like him as a friend."


*Pronounced "toaster," in an example of what Miriam was talking about when she blogged interesting English place names.

1 comment:

Gastronomer said...

Scones with clotted cream are a dream. Eat one for me. And one for Vern too ;-)