Monday, June 01, 2009

HaHa!! My Spies Are Soooo Useful

My spies returned with more photos, this time of the crucial Driveway Rose Bed. Note that the new owner has taken out my iceplants, which acted as an underplanting and shielded the roses from the heat. Of course, they were kind of mutants, dribbling all over the driveway. but I liked them.

Also, if you look closely you'll see that the lemon tree has lemons hanging over the pavement, and the kumquat tree is bearing loads of fruit as usual.

Here's the same area, from a distance. Yes, Gastronomer, this is our old house in Altadena. I loved this house, and based on the presence of a car in the driveway, I guess the new owner isn't going to call and beg us to take the house back for $2. Oh, well. We don't live there anymore, anyway. I just miss all that fruit and - of course - my roses.

1 comment:

Gastronomer said...

After reading your comment a few days back, Vern asks, "Are we moving to Altadena?"

I said, "Maybe one day!"