Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Travel, Step 1

I'm happy to announce that last night was definitely one of the Top 5 Worst Nights Ever with Iain.

  • He woke at 10, screaming.
  • He was awake until 12.
  • We got him up and tried to cuddle him. Screaming.
  • At 12:37, we put him back to bed and he slept.
  • At 2:21 he woke, screaming.
  • I went in to his room and got on the floor with him, and he promptly flopped down and went to sleep.
  • That was cute.
  • Then I put him in his bed. Screaming.
  • So I unfolded the futon chair (only 2/3 length of a real bed), and tried to sleep where he could see me.
  • In that manner I slept from 2:45 until 6:40, fitfully. Every time I turned over-ish, he woke.
  • He woke this morning screaming.

Can't wait to drive to DC!

2 comments:

BaysYates said...

Oh...I am thinking of you. I know those nights, I have had more than a few. Hopefully he will be tired and sleep a good portion of your trip. :)

Unknown said...

It will be fine. He will be so tired that he will sleep for the drive and then he'll be all awake tonight. Then, he will be too exhausted to be a pill on the plane over. So, he'll sleep then too. And then he'll be all set to adjust to the British time zone. Easy as pie.