Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fifth Wheel(s)

Isn't this pretty? Callie's parents had some folks over for a light supper tonight and they needed extra space so they swapped out the dining room and living room. That's the VIP table in the corner, with Iain's 2 chairs on the left and Callie's 2 chairs in the corner.


The apps came from a collaboration between Callie's Mom and The Staff. There were pistachios and dried Turkish apricots, olives and piquillo peppers, veggies and grapes, and (most importantly) crackers and salami and cheese (goat, Gruyere, and a French double-cream cow's milk cheese).


Callie's Mom got to use her pretty blue knife (a gift from Callie's Great-Grandmother). I love cheese.


But not as much as I love Callie. Here, she plants one on me when I'd hardly even made it in the door. What a girl.

As far as I'm concerned, there was only one downside to my evening with Callie. Who were all those other people? The Staff kept talking to them, offering them stuff and accepting food from them, talking some more, etc. None of those people were there to serve the Moi! And, worse, they sometimes distracted Callie. I think they were muscling in on our date.

And get this: I'm pretty sure I heard Callie's Dad say that they're not "settled" on a betrothal for her. NOT SETTLED? What am I, chopped liver?

I might have to collect my girl and run away to Gretna Green. Don't think I won't.

No comments: