Friday, November 13, 2009

Success! And The Real Problem With iTunes

First, the success. I love audiobooks. Love them. But my collection of audiobooks suffered from two problems. Number one: they were all on tape and they wore out. That's what happens when you listen to the same book 20 times (It's good!). Number two: publishers don't make books on tape anymore.

So I needed to enter the 21st century. Charles pointed out that if I downloaded books onto my iPod, I could route the sound through my handy little radio and listen at my desk without using my computer's limited brain-power and without monopolizing my computer's CD player.

I went to iTunes to see if they had anything I'd like to hear and (lo and behold) they did. Two audiobooks later (much cheaper than buying them on CD in a bookstore - less than half the price), one minor tech glitch solved by the Power of the Google, I am now ready to hook up my cords and learn all about British slavery.

BUT FIRST (and here's where we learn the Real Problem with iTunes) I had to download a little Ton Loc. Yes, both "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina." Because I needed a little trip back to 1989, a time when I wore smaller jeans and had bigger hair. Join me?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is the path in your head that took you from get pursuing the selection in the audiobooks section to thinking about Ton Loc and "Funky Cold Medina"? Because *that* is one strange leap, my dear.