Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Last Bit of Callie's Party

The Dad read to Callie while I checked out her crayons. She has an Elmo coloring book, so you know I needed to try it out. Her crayons taste the same as mine, in case you wondered.

Then we chilled on the loveseat. Callie was telling me about her views on health care, while I was telling her that absent a meaningful foreign policy it's all just window dressing. As you can see, the two Dads were thinking deep thoughts. They're not that excited by the policy debates I have with Callie.


Later, we all had a special table for dinner. Those two are the Big Boys, Jackson and Eli. Note how Callie's Mom made a bouquet out of Callie's handprint flowers. So chic.


I got a real fork and a big plate all to myself. At this point it was empty, but after she took the picture The Mom filled it with asparagus, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes with chives, a little turkey, some dressing, and half a roll. I ate the dressing and the roll, but only tasted the other stuff.

Ok, that's it. Now you're all caught-up on my date with Callie last weekend. This weekend she'll be away, so all photos will return to cataloging only my adventures. I'm planning some art, a fun evening with a group of ladies, and maybe a trip to the park.

No comments: